Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reflection on My Hanoi Experiential learning- Angeline Chua

The four days trip to vietnam, Hanoi was an eye opener to me. It has changed my impression of Hanoi. At first, I thought Hanoi was undeveloped. When we reached the Hanoi airport, my impression of Hanoi was still unchanged. There was a strong and unbearable smell at the airport. Which made me thought that Hanoi must be very dirty and I had second thoughts of going to the toilet at the airport. The impression of how the housing looks like did change. Their housing was about 4 stories high and was closely packed together.
Most of the people there own a motor instead of cars. The motorist there made me thought that they do not care about their safety as they just cut each others lane and do not stop at traffic if there is no predestrian crossing the road. Before we go to our hotel, we had a trishaw ride. It was very fun. However at times I was frightened that the motorists would knock into me.
When we arrived at the I was surprised to see that there is computer for us to use freely with internet available. As I said I thought that Hanoi was undeveloped, which means that they would not have computer, but I was wrong. Hanoi had all the natural resources that they needed. So afterall I do not think that Hanoi is undeveloped.
During the 4 days, we visited many places that was unfogettable. One of the places was the Ha Long Bay. Before we reached Hanoi this is one of the places that I was looking forward to visit. Based on the picture that our teachers gave us showed me that this place is very beautiful. And it was indeed very beautiful. I had a good time on the cruise. The scenery there was unfogettable. We travelled on the cruise to Dau Go Caves which is a limestone cave. Climbing up the stairs to the cave was very tiring but after seeing the cave, all the tiredness did paid off. The trip along the Ha Long Bay thought me a lot about how these landforms were formed. And I believed that I was very satisfied.
Another place that was unforgettable was agent orange orphanage. I saw it with my own eyes how the children are suffering. In the past this orphanage only aceepted children who are suffering from agent orange but now, they also accepted children who are suffering from mental and physical disability. My mother always tell me that I am very fortunate yet I still take things for granted. Now seeing them in such pain made me realised that I should not take things for granted.
I had learned a lot of things. At the Hanoi University, I learned about the Vietnam economic and enviroment development from the professors. Unlike Singapore the students there do not have their own table. They have a long stratch of table shared by about 6 people( I think). I also learned that why Singapore traffic is organised is because the traffic rules in Singapore is very strict. In Singapore we are considered very fortunate as we had all the nessities that we needed. In Singapore I took many things for granted eg. my teachers. When we are there the teachers were busy preparing for our everyday trip when they are already very tired. So I think that it was the teacher who made these trip a success.
Thanks to: Mdm Wee, Mdm Koh, Miss Lim, Mdm Tami, Miss Ong. And our tour guide, Mr Quynh.

No comments:

Post a Comment